Hosted by YMCA and the City of Whittlesea, the Northern Health Charity Fun Run provides participants with the opportunity to run a unique course within the City of Whittlesea municipality, whilst raising funds for Northern Health. Over the past 9 years, the money donated to Northern Health has bought vital medical equipment, such as physiotherapy couches, a bladder scanner and equipment for the special care nursery. So climb out of bed on Sunday 23rd October and do your bit for your local health provider!
Whether you are an enthusiastic runner, or just starting out with your fitness, this fun run welcomes people of all ages and abilities, and encourages all participants to get active in this fantastic community event. There are categories for the whole family, individuals and teams, so click here to register now via our on-line registration form. Make sure you have your credit card details with you while registering to ensure your registration is completed.
Date and Location
Sunday 23 October 2011, 9:30am start
The start and finish are at Mill Park Leisure, 33 Morang Drive, Mill Park. Melway Ref : Map 9 J1
- The run will start at 9:30am sharp.
- Participants should arrive between 8:00am and 9:00am to collect their race packs.
- Your time will be electronically monitored and the timer is attached to your race bib. It does not need to be returned after the run.
- Refreshments will be provided post-run.
- There will be presentations post-run.
- Full course details are available on this Fun Run website.
- Preliminary results will be available on the website within 48 hours.
- There will be two drink stations around the course; one half way around the course, and one at the finish line.
- We are using existing public pathways and footpaths, so please be aware of other people (including bike riders) using the paths as well, but not participating in the event.
- No dogs, rollerblades, bikes or scooters are permitted on the course.
- First aid staff will be available at the event
- The event organisers reserve the right to cancel the event at short notice due to the weather or in the interest of public safety. There will be no refunds. Notification should this occur will be posted on the website.
The run will start next to the ovals beside Mill Park Leisure. It will follow a mixture of existing pathways through Mill Park Reserve and footpaths through residential areas.
There are two distances to choose from – 3.5km and 7km. The 7km is two laps of the course.
Prizes and Giveaways
- Prizes will be awarded for the Open, Team, 50+ and Junior (U15) categories – 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place getters, for both male and female.
- The walk is a participation only event.
- Spot prizes will be given out post-run.
We strongly recommend you register on-line using our on line registration system. Be sure to have your credit card details with you when registering. Registrations will not be complete without payment via credit card at the checkout page.
We encourage you to register early to benefit from the early bird discount fees. Early bird discounts close midnight on Sunday 16th October 2011.
On the day entries will be accepted from 8:00am to 9:00am on the morning of the event.
Team entries must be submitted together.
All race numbers and timing chips can be collected on the day of the event. No race numbers will be mailed out prior to the event.
- Individual participant – includes entry into the fun run, in either the 3.5k or 7km distance
- Team participants – receive discounted entry, must register together and compete in the same distance.
- Family participants – receive discounted entry and can include a maximum of 2 adults and 3 children (U15yrs).
The Northern Health Charity Fun Run is seeking enthusiastic individuals and groups for a number of volunteer roles at fun run. Volunteers are the backbone of the event to make it all possible. If you are interested in becoming an event volunteer please complete the on-line registration form
For general enquiries about the fun run, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 9404 4811.